Impaired antifungal effector activity but not inflammatory cell recruitment in interleukin-6-deficient mice with invasive pulmonary aspergillosis. J. Infect. Dis. 184: 610-617, 2001.
Host immunity reactivity and antifungal chemotherapy: the power of being together. J. Chemotherapy 13: 347-353, 2001.
The plasticity of dendritic cells at the host/fungal interface. Proceding of 3° Berlin Symposium on Immunology of Infection 24-27 April 2001 Immunobiology. 204: 582-589, 2001.
Protection of killer antidiotypes against early invasive aspergillosis in a murine model of allogeneic T-cell-depleted bone marrow transplantation. Infect. Immun. 70: 2375-2382, 2002.
Dendritic cells transport conidia and hyphae of Aspergillus fumigatus from the airways to the draining lymph nodes and initiate disparate Th responses to the fungus J. Immunol. 168: 1362-1371, 2002.
Dendritic cells pulsed with fungal RNA induce protective immunity to Candida albicans in hematopoietic transplantation. J. Immunol. 168: 2904-2913, 2002.
The interaction of Fungi with dendritic cells: implications for Th immunity and vaccination. Curr. Molecular Med. 2:485-505, 2002.
“B7/CD28-dependent CD4+CD25+ regulatory T cells are essential components of the memory protective immunity to Candida albicans”. J. Immunol. 169:6298-6308, 2002.
Fungi, dendritic cells and receptors: a host perspective of fungal virulence. Trends Microbiol. 10:508-514, 2002.
Vaccination of mice against invasive aspergillosis with recombinant Aspergillus proteins and CpG oligodeoxynucleotides as adjuvants. Microbes Infect. 4:1281-1290, 2002.
A role for antibodies in the generation of memory antifungal immunity. Eur J Immunol. 2003, 3: 1193-1204.
Adaptation of Candida albicans to the host envitonment: the role of morphogenesis in virulence and survival in mammalian hosts. Curr. Opin. Microbiol. 6: 338-343, 2003.
A dendritic cell vaccine against invasive aspergillosis in allogeneic hematopoietic transplantation. Blood 102: 3807-3814, 2003.
The exploitation of distinct recognition receptors in dendritic cells determines the full range of host immune relationships with Candida albicans. Int. Immunol. 16: 149-161, 2004.
Immunity to fungal infections. Nat. Rev. Immunol. 4: 11-23 Review, 2004.
Dendritic cell-based vaccination against opportunistic fungi. Vaccine 22: 857-864, 2004.
The contribution of the toll-like/IL-1 receptor superfamily to innate and adaptive immunity to fungal pathogens in vivo. J Immunol. 172: 3059-3069, 2004.
Thymosin alpha1 activates dendritic cells for antifungal Th1 resistance through Toll-like receptor signaling. Blood. 103: 4232-4239, 2004.
Anti-Aspergillus fumigatus efficacy of pentraxin 3 alone and in combination with antifungals. Antimicrob Agents Chemother. 2004, 48:4414-21.
- Immunogenicity and protective effect of recombinant enolase of Candida albicans in a murine model of systemic candidiasis. Med Mycol. 2004, 42:319-324.
- Prospects for dendritic cell vaccination against fungal infections in hematopoietic transplantation. Blood Cells, Molecules, and Diseases 2004, 33:248-255.
- Local immune reactivity in fungal nasal polyposis. Infect. Immun. 2004, 72:7275-7281.
- TLRs Govern Neutrophil Activity in Aspergillosis. J. Immunol. 2004, 173:7406-15.
- Liposomal Amphotericin B activates antifungal resistance with reduced toxicity by diverting Toll-like receptor signaling from TLR-2 to TLR-4. J Antimicrob Chemother. 2005, 55:214-22.
- A Crucial Role for Tryptophan Catabolism at the Host/Candida albicans Interface. J Immunol. 2005, 174:2910-8.
- Immunity to Aspergillus fumigatus: the bases for immunotherapy and vaccination. Proceeding Advances Against Aspergillosis, Sptember 8-11, 2004, San Francisco. Med Mycol. 43:S181-S188, 2005.
- Transferring functional immune responses to pathogens after haploidentical hematopoietic transplantation. Blood. 106:4397-4406, 2005.
- Immunity and tolerance to Aspergillus involve functionally distinct regulatory T cells and tryptophan catabolism. J. Immunol. 176:1712-1723, 2006.
- Protective tolerance to fungi: the role of IL-10 and tryptophan catabolism. Trends Microbiol. 14:183-189, 2006.
- Manipulating immunity against Aspergillus fumigatus. Med. Mycol. 44: 237-243, 2006.
- Thymosin a1 activates dendritic cell tryptophan catabolism and establishes a regulatory environment for balance of inflammation and tolerance. Blood. 108:2265-74, 2006.
- Pentraxin 3 protects from MCMV infection and reactivation through TLR sensing pathways leading to IRF3 activation. Blood. 108:3387-96, 2006.
- Candida albicans allergenic extract induces toll-like receptor expression and increases interferon-alpha production. Pediatr Dermatol. 23:517-8, 2006.
- Immunity and tolerance to Aspergillus fumigatus. Novartis Found Symp. (discussion 77-9, 216-9) 279:66-77, 2006.
- Receptors and pathways in innate antifungal immunity: the implication for tolerance and immunity to fungi. Adv Exp Med Biol. 590:209-21, 2007.